INDUSTRIAL METROLOGY: QUALITY DELIVERED BY SAMOT
Metrology is, generally explaining, the science of measuring, divided into legal, scientific and industrial measuring. In this article, we will address industrial measuring,which involves exclusively the control of industrial production processes, responsible for assuring the quality of parts, finished products and for checking the machinery – that is, whether they are operating with their best performance.
How is this process conducted?
Currently, metrology is mandatory in process control, in product, environment, health and safety quality assessment, in order to ensure safe trade practices and protect the end consumer, providing reliability, credibility, universality and quality. To achieve these goals, it is necessary to measure as precisely and accurately as possible, obtaining results that are closer to the actual ones, identifying the needs for adjustments in processes or ensuring the reliability of established parameters.
Metrology is usually related to the quality area, which is responsible for three macroprocesses:
- Measuring parts and products: responsible for comparing a product/part to the standard, that is, requirements established in advance;
- Calibration management: its function is to manage the system responsible for control means, instruments, gauges and devices responsible for monitoring the process or product at the plant;
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA): Assesses through statistical tools and methodologies whether the measuring system is operating adequately.
In this context, SAMOT invests in state-of-the-art technology and high-precision measurement equipment, such as:
- Coordinate Measuring Machines: they have high-precision scanning technology to measure geometry, shape and position, allowing the dimensional quality inspection of many products in the metal-mechanic segment, such as small parts.
- Optical Measuring Machines: they are used to measure lathed and milled parts, easy to execute, and also quickly obtain results with great efficiency. These machines encompass a range of axle measurements with diameters up to 90 mm, lengths up to 600 mm and they can be used directly in the production sector.
Thus, industrial metrology allows production with quality and efficiency, taking advantage of the full potential of machinery and production processes.
SAMOT is prepared to meet the customer needs the best way possible, including high-quality equipment in this process and ensuring the best finishing in product delivery.